The Promise. (week three)
- Talk about a time you made a mistake or a decision that caused something good to be ruined.
- Read James 1:13-15. Think about people you've observed. What causes people to fall into temptation? How can it be avoided?
- What do you think caused Eve (Genesis 3) and Cain (Genesis 4) to give in to the temptation they faced?
- What role does selfishness play in our "battle" against temptation?
- Read Genesis 3:16. God describes a tension between men and women. How have you seen that tension play out in your life and others?
- How have you observed yourself contributing to problems in the relationships you have? What changes could you make to heal some of the relational dysfunction in your life?
- Read Genesis 4:26. What do you need to "call on the LORD" about?