The Promise (week five)
Week Five: God Started Again with a Family
- If you could move to anywhere in the world for the next ten years, where would you most want to live? Where would you least want to live? Why?
- What would be the most difficult part of moving away?
- Read Genesis 12:1-8. Why do you think the Bible says that Abram left his "country", his "people", and his "father's household"? What do you think is the significance of each of those things?
- How do you think Abraham's wife felt about moving away without knowing where they were moving to?
- Read through the promises God made to Abram in verses 2-3. Do you think it took more faith to move away from home or to believe those promises? Are the two related?
- Read verse 7. Why do you think Abram chose to build an alter then and there?
- Notice the similarities between Genesis 12:8 Genesis 4:26. When are some times you have felt like "calling on the name of the LORD?" Why?
- Read Hebrews 11:8-12. What is most impressive to you about Abraham's faith? How is he an example to you? What can you do this week to emulate him?