Discussion Questions for the Upcoming Week
These questions correspond to week two of our Formations series. You can read the daily reflections or download the book at our Formations Web Site.
- Read Hebrews 12:1-3.
- How does the illustration of a race help you think of your spiritual growth?
- What types of things sometimes hinder us and entangle us as we seek to grow spiritually? How can we discipline ourselves to throw those things off?
- For runners, the key to building perseverance is to run long distances every day (or almost every day). How do Christians build perseverance? Why is perseverance important in the Christian life?
- What do you think it means to “fix your eyes on Jesus”? What types of activities might you do in order to fix your eyes on Jesus?
- For our sake, Jesus endured the shame of the cross (verse 3). How might we have to endure shame for Jesus’ sake?
- What types of issues cause some Christians to grow weary and lose heart (verse 4)? How do you think those things can be avoided? How can you build up your strength so you don’t grow weary and lose heart?
- How do you think you can become more like Jesus this week?
- What goals do you need to set for yourself this week?
- How can this group pray for you or help you reach this goal?