* When is a time in your life when you felt especially accepted by people around you? When is a time when you felt those around you did not accept you? Why do you think being "accepted" is such an important desire for people?
* Read Hebrews 11:4, then read Genesis 4:3-4. Why do you think we are told that Abel brought the "firstborn of his flock" while Cain only brought some "fruit of the ground."?
* How would you respond if someone gave you a gift that they had already used and abused? Would you feel loved or would you feel unappreciated? Why?
* How are some ways people can offer God the first and best of what they have (time, gifts, resources, money, etc.)?
* How are some ways people often offer God their leftovers?
* If we truly trust God to take care of us, why wouldn't we offer him our first and best? Why do we often not really trust God?
* Does God accept our leftovers? Why or why not?
* What can you do this week to offer God the first and best you have? How can this group pray for you?