The Benefits of Encouragement for Your Group
Here is a list from Mac Lake about encouragement. These are seven benefits you can see if you take the time to specifically encourage the people in your small group.
- It helps them see the work God is doing in or through their life.
- It motivates them to continual improvement.
- It enhances their confidence and courage.
- It expands their vision. When they know the progress they’ve made has been recognized and appreciated it causes them to dream bigger.
- It validates their giftedness. Most people struggle with clarity in the area of their giftedness. A specific word of encouragement can help bring needed confirmation.
- It creates relational bonds between the leader and follower.
- It teaches them to encourage others.