The Gospel of the Kingdom: LIFEgroup Questions for Romans 1
This study is based on Romans 1:18-25. It is important to understand and move toward the understanding that God is the creator and is not to be confused with the creation in any way! This is a foundational thought for all Biblical understanding.
FOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT “CREATION”:
- It was made by God
- It points to God
- It is a resource, not a source
- It is incapable of receiving worship or service
- Are men really ungodly and righteous? Why or why not?
- By whose standards are these judgments made?
- What makes someone ungodly or unrighteous?
- What truths about God do people suppress? Why?
- What are the attributes of God that are clear to everyone?
- How can creation point us to God?
- Does it matter that God is immortal?
- If God is the creator, what –if any– is our responsibility to him?
- Why wouldn’t someone want to believe that God is the creator?
- What do you think it means to “worship the creature”? Do people worship the creature today?
- How does suppressing God’s truth make it easier for people to claim “wisdom”?
- What is “wisdom”? Who is someone most non-believers think is wise?
- Do people prefer “black and white” wisdom or “gray”? Why? Does God see in black and white?
- Why does God consider man’s wisdom to be “futile thinking”? Can you think of an example of this?
- In what way are men’s hearts darkened and foolish? Does this apply to everyone? Why or why not?
- How are people “without excuse”? For what? To whom?
- Why is God wrathful?
- Who is in danger of facing God’s wrath?
- How is God’s wrath evident today?
- How will it be evident in the future?